Margaret and Bo got married on a cold winter day in Covington, KY. They had a special reason for selecting February 23rd for their wedding date. It wasn’t because they like chilly weather or had their hearts set on a Sunday afternoon wedding. They chose February 23, 2020 because this was Bo’s parents’ 40th wedding anniversary. They were excited to share the same anniversary date with Bo’s parents. Sadly though, Bo’s father passed away 3 years ago, and was not there to enjoy the festivities with the rest of the family. But he was certainly there in spirit and in the hearts of his loved ones. Margaret’s dress and Bo’s tie both had a hidden heart sewn inside, from the fabric of his father’s shirt, as a symbol of remembrance.
The wedding was a gorgeous affair that started at the First Christian Church in Covington and ended at the Madison Event Center. With 9 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen, there were no shortages of love, support, and laughter. From her grandmother’s sapphire ring that Margaret wore to the wedding photos her mother brought to share, and all the gift exchanges between the ladies, the guys, between Margaret and Bo and to Bo’s mother – we got a true sense of how well these two families had already blended.
Margaret stole the show with her radiant smile and easy-going attitude. But it was her dad’s speech that put everyone in tears when he described his baby girl coming into this world and reaching out to him with her pinkie finger. He demonstrated what she did with her finger, as his voice started to quiver. The DJ said “in all the years of working weddings, I’ve never teared up from a father’s speech before”. It was clear that the father of the bride had mixed feelings about giving away his baby girl, but was glad she would be with such a fine gentleman, Bo, who loves her very much. The mood changed dramatically however when Harry began singing My Wife the Dancer for the garter toss. His comedic style and confidence had people crying tears.
We sincerely wish all the best to Margaret and Bo and are so thankful to have been able to spend time with them and their families. And as always, we are honored to have captured their wedding memories.
Vendors who made this special day a dream come true:
- Firstchristiancovington.org (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Thecovingtonmadison.com (email@example.com)
- Hotel Covington (hotelcovington.com)
- T-Bird (the DJ) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ann Chapman (flowers)
- Kaitlyn Price (@hairby_kprice) – Bride’s Hairdresser and best friend
- Cait Cook and friend – Bridesmaids’ Hair
- Makeupelizabeth.com (makeup artist) (email@example.com)
- Somethingnewborrowedblue.com (Bride’s dress) (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brittany Wells (small white cake for cutting)
- Ndvideography.com (Nathan Dickerson, Videography) (email@example.com)
- Azazie.com (Bridesmaids’ dresses)
- Josbank.com (Groomsmen and Groom)
- Groomsmen Ties: thetiebar.com
- Etsy (Invitalia) (invitations) (Eva) firstname.lastname@example.org